Private Storm Water Management
In these tight times, homeowners are looking for ways to save money and improve the value of their home. With varying degrees of effort, homeowners can help improve water quality by reducing the amount of runoff that flows from their property, through simple actions such as redirecting downspouts, using rain barrels and creating rain gardens. View our insightful brochure for information on changes you can make to your property to help with our storm water efforts.
The City of River Falls will conduct a free storm water audit of your property if you request it. A city employee will visit your property and suggest practices, such as the ones in our brochure, that could be installed at your home or business to reduce storm water runoff.
Check out the following pages for more information about personal storm water management:
- Be a pooper scooper: Pick up after your pet
- Keep soil in your yard and out of our waterways
- Keep leaves and grass clippings out of the gutter
- Use Phosphorus free fertilizer and don't overfeed your lawn
- Direct rain gutters to yard areas rather than driveways
- Practice careful car care
- Properly dispose of oil, antifreeze and other chemicals